The Brain & Spine Surgery neurosurgical team:
- pioneered endoscopic brain surgery, where through the patient's nose, without incisions, it is possible to treat a multitude of diseases of the pituitary gland and base of the brain;
- introduced robotic neuronavigation to safely remove brain tumors, benign or malignant;
- applies international protocols of awake craniotomy, to treat cases of brain tumors near centers of movement or speech, protocols in which the patient remains awake during the operation for better brain mapping and safer removal of the tumor;
- first implemented robotically guided hydrocephalus valve central catheter placement to eliminate the possibility of placement failure;
- actively participates in the standard Stroke Unit, in which all strokes (hemorrhagic or ischemic) are treated in collaboration with a Neurologist, an Interventional Neuroradiologist and an Intensivist. In the case of brain aneurysms, both surgical (clipping) and intravascular (embolization) options are offered.