In May 2005, it became the 1st Private Hospital in Cyprus to implement 24-hour patient service with immediate response by highly trained staff and clinical interpretation of the patient's examination results by a Radiologist.
Since November 2014, an online archiving and image communication system (PACS) has been installed, a system with which, in addition to electronic archiving of the test results, it is possible to connect with any Doctor or Medical Center inside and outside the Hospital.
In the Radiology Department, besides the diagnostic examinations covering the entire spectrum of imaging (Classical Radiology, Panoramic - Cephalometric, Bone Density Measurement - DEXA, Mammography, Ultrasound, Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging), image-guided surgical interventions (Ultrasound or CT), including Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) Biopsies, fluid collection drainage, intra-articular corticosteroid infusions, etc.
Three Doctors – Radiologists work full time in the department: Antonis Papaleontiou (Head of the Department), Dr. Dimitra Ziaka (specializing in Magnetic Resonance Tomography), and Dr. Archontia Karga, who fully cover the Radiology Section on a 24-hour basis.
A total of nine technicians (all university graduates in Radiotechnology or Radiology) are full time employees, while there is also full secretarial coverage by four secretaries.
- Department of Classic (Conventional) Digital Radiology
- Department of Interventional and Therapeutic Radiology
- Digital Radiography of all organs
- Digital simple X-rays of all organs
- Barium Enema, Barium Meal, Hysterosalpingography, Pyelography
- Panoramic – Cephalometric
- Digital Mammography
- Computed Tomography of all body organs
- Specialized CT scans, such as HPCT of the lung, HRCT of the petrous bone, etc.
- Non-invasive coronary angiography with the latest type CT 64-slice scanner, as well as CT colonography
- Magnetic Resonance Tomography of all systems
- Diagnostic digital angiographies and angiograms with magnetic resonance and computed tomography scanners
Interventional – Therapeutic
- Biopsy of lesions of all accessible organs, evacuations of collections and abscess, intra-articular corticosteroid infusions
*In the imaging department, more than 30,000 examinations per year are performed