GE LightSpeed VCT 64 Slices is also ideal for: pulmonary embolism, angina investigation (severe chest pain), investigation of congenital heart disease, investigation of heart valve diseases, patient follow-up after Bypass, thus sparing the patient from the invasive catheterization procedure needed for the follow-up after graft placement.
GE LightSpeed VCT 64 Slices is applicable not only to cardiopathies but also to the imaging, evaluation and integrated diagnosis of diseases of: Vessels, Central Nervous System, Lungs, Abdomen. Also, the CT scanner gives the possibility of investigations of the small and large intestine without colonoscopy (ritual colonoscopy) because, thanks to its striking clarity, patient sedation and endoscope advancement into the intestine can be avoided.
It has been proven to have considerable reliability in the diagnosis and exclusion of Coronary Disease, as well as a great predictive value both in the onset of a heart attack as well as in its severity and hence in the survival of the patient.
- The non-invasive character of the procedure
- The direct detection and description of atherosclerotic plaque characteristics
Compared to Magnetic Resonance Imaging it is superior, as its capacity of distinction is much more advanced. In addition, MRI examination is more difficult and mainly lacks consistency as to the quality of the result.
Performing a coronary computed tomography angiography, the imaging, and especially the evaluation of coronary artery stenosis, all require considerable experience and appropriate equipment.
The Multislice CT Scanner of Apollonion Private Hospital is equipped with special cardiology software that provides high resolution imaging and guarantees short data collection time, in order to avoid potential artifacts.
- The thinnest slice size to date: 0.6 mm, allowing high-resolution images to accurately display, measure, and characterize stenosis
- Special left ventricule functional study programs
- Special Radiation Reduction Programs. The CT Scanner of Apollonion Private Hospital is equipped with Special Radiation Reduction Programs, and the total radiation dose during the examination is far lower than that of the conventional coronography or cardiac scintigraphy
Also in patients with:
- Atypical symptoms and inconclusive Stress Test or Myocardial Scintigraphy.
- Acute chest pain with normal ECG and normal initial blood test results.
Unique in its kind and the most reliable system of everything that is currently available on the global market, capable of handling the entire range of clinical examinations based on international protocols.
In this way we are able to offer immediate, accurate results, thus achieving the best possible patient service. Also, the highly-trained personnel of our department consist of Radiologists, Radiology Technicians, and Secretaries. All examination results are stored in the Virtual Archive and Communication System (PACS) and are readily available for future use and comparison.
The coils used are particularly light and the tests can be performed even in overweight patients.
- Body Magnetic Resonance Imaging (Mediastinum, Upper Abdomen, Pelvis, Cervix, Retroperitoneal Space, Thyroid, Parathyroid Glands)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Nervous System (Brain, Sella Turcica, Orbits, Internal Auditory Meatus)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Paranasal Sinuses, Temporomandibular Joints
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System (Joints, Spine)
- Multi-parametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Prostate
- Multi-parametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Rectum
- Magnetic Resonance Mammography
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography
- Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography
- Magnetic Resonance Enteroclysis
- Magnetic Resonance Urography